Fransabank Group, building on the historic and strong relations – dating back to the early 1950s - enjoyed by its major shareholders, Chairman Adnan Kassar and Deputy Chairman Adel Kassar, recently set up Fransabank China Desk.
China Desk offers a platform to promote and facilitate exchanges between Lebanese and Chinese businesses and entities and aims to assist Chinese companies in their activities where Fransabank is present which include Lebanon and 10 other countries: France, Syria, Algeria, Sudan, Libya, Belarus, Cyprus, Iraq, UAE and soon in Cote d’Ivoire.
Fransabank correspondent banks in China include:
• Bank of China (with whom Fransabank holds a RMB account)
• Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
• China Merchants Bank
• China CITIC Bank
• China Development Bank
• Agricultural Bank of China
in addition to other foreign banks having presence in China.
Promoting the Relations between Lebanon and China, Major Milestones:
- In 1955, Chairmen Adnan & Adel KASSAR persuaded the Lebanese President to invite the first Chinese delegation to visit Lebanon. The visit led to the 1st trade agreement between Lebanon and China, and contributed to future trade relations between China, Lebanon and the Arab World at large through Lebanon.
- In 1956, Chairmen Adnan & Adel KASSAR ensured the establishment of the 1st Chinese economic representative office in Lebanon, raising the flag of the People’s Republic of China in Lebanon for the first time.
- In the early 1970s, Chairman Adnan Kassar commenced his official duties in the world of Chambers of Commerce in Lebanon climbing the top positions nationally, then regionally and internationally, assuming ultimately Ministerial posts. M. Adel Kassar, on the other hand, developed and strengthened private business activities further over the years, leading the Arab and international trade with China and prompting Arab and international companies to enter the Chinese business sector.
- In 1972, Chairman Adnan KASSAR, just elected President of the Lebanese Federation of Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture organizes the first Lebanese delegation visit to China.
- In 1973, Chairman Adnan Kassar, with the first official Lebanese Business visit to China, helps in establishing the first diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- In 1981, Chairman KASSAR organized the 1st Arab Delegation visit to China.
- In 1988, Chairman Adnan KASSAR launched the Chinese - Arab Chamber of Commerce that will later hold meetings in Beijing, Beirut, Amman, Dalian, Dubai and Shanghai.
- In 1999, Chairman Adnan KASSAR became the first Arab Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC). He launched the 1st National Committee of the ICC in China, making it an active member.
- In 2007, the People’s Republic of China offered Chairman Adnan KASSAR an honorable award, declaring him a true friend of China and the Chinese people for over 50 years. It is a token of gratitude and appreciation for Chairman Adnan KASSAR’s endeavors to strengthen and promote trade and economic relations between China and the Arab World. The Ceremony honored Chairman Adnan KASSAR with Lifetime Membership in China Council for Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), presented by CCPIT Chairman Mr. Wan Jifei.
On April 25th , 2014, ICC Banking delegation from the People’s Republic of China visited Fransabank’s Headquarters in Beirut where a meeting was held with the local team in charge for China Desk.
中国国际商会/国际商会中国国家委员会（ICC China)于2014年4月拜访了法兰萨银行中国业务小组（ China Desk）。法兰萨银行是黎巴嫩主要银行之一，并在法国、阿尔及利亚、苏丹、白��罗斯、叙利亚、伊拉克、阿联酋、塞浦路斯、利比亚、科特迪瓦等11个国家设有分行。在过去60年里，法兰萨银行一直积极地与中国政府和企业建立紧密的联系与合作，为中黎贸易做出了卓越贡献。
Click here to view the "Fransabank's Silk Road to China Sown Firmly by Adnan & Adel Kassar