Fransabank Group banking and finance legacy dates back to more than nine decades of excellence supported by its very responsible role in the multi-dimensional development of the economies and communities it serves. The Group has succeeded in establishing, developing and consolidating a competitive edge that earned it a leading position amongst the Lebanese banking community and the countries into which it expanded. Today, Fransabank Group has a consolidated presence in eleven countries: Lebanon, France, Algeria, Syria, Sudan, Belarus, Cyprus, Iraq, Cuba, UAE (Abu Dhabi) and in Ivory Coast. The Group also ranks first in terms of local branch network with 124 branches strategically spread all over the country, providing the Lebanese community with all types of banking products and services to satisfy their personal and professional banking wants and needs.
Fransabank Group succeeded in positioning itself as a forward-looking, trustworthy, dynamic, innovative, creative, and socially responsible leading financial Group that has been providing top-notch financial services to its clients in particular and to the banking industry at large, while always putting the client at the heart of all its activities. Fransabank Group offers its large clientele universal banking services mainly through its main commercial bank, Fransabank SAL, and its local and overseas subsidiaries and associates.
We are committed to:
- Consolidate and expand our presence in selective regional and international markets
- Adopt and implement the highest international banking and finance norms and standards, corporate governance, and diligent compliance practices
- Exceed our customers’ expectations and fulfill their needs and demands
- Strive for distinguished quality service for our existing and potential customers
- Promoting the entrepreneurial flair, decision-making and teamwork within our Group
- Generate increasing value for our shareholders in a dynamic manner and on solid sustainable grounds
- Align responsible business practices and social investments to create long-term value and sustainability for our Group and for its communities.
- Energy Awareness Award - the category of Pioneers of Sustainability for the launch of Fransabank’s Eco Business loans . Read more
- Energy Ambassador of the Year 2016 – Lebanese Company, in recognition of Fransabank’s Go Green strategy and its Corporate Social Responsibility commitments and initiatives to support Sustainable Energy Financing and to invest in the fields of renewable energy. Read more
- Quality Recognition Award 2016, in recognition of the Fransabank’s excellence in the delivery of commercial payments and financial institution transfers drawn on the Bank’s EURO account with Commerzbank AG.
- Award of JP Morgan Chase’s “2015 Elite Quality Recognition for Outstanding Achievement of (Next Line) Best-in-Class MT103 STP at a rate of 99.67%” indicating the high quality of payment transactions processed by Fransabank
- H.E. Adnan Kassar is named a Business for Peace Honouree for his ceaseless dedication to creating shared value between business and society, and for his inspirational and exemplary businessworthy leadership of national, regional and global impact. Read more
- H.E. Mr. Adnan Kassar received an award from the Executive Director for the UN Global Compact, Mr. Georg Kell for his role, as president of the International Chamber of Commerce, in the founding of the Global Compact with then Secretary General of the UN, Mr. Kofi Annan, in 2000.
- H.E. Mr. Adnan Kassar, Chairman of Fransabank Group, was awarded the “Arab Banker of the Year 2012 – 2013” from the Union of Arab Banks.
- "The Family Office Services" Category Award in the annual Euromoney Private Banking and Wealth Management Survey for 2013
- The “Social Economic Award” 2013 for JABAL Initiative from First Protocol. Read more
- The Best Banking Group Lebanon 2012 Award from the Global Banking & Finance Review Magazine
- The World Finance "Best Investment Bank in Lebanon” for the year 2012, awarded to the Group’s investment and private banking arm, Fransa Invest Bank SAL
- The ‘Deal of the Year 2012’ – Loans – Middle East" for the involvement in the LFZ acquisition finance Medgulf Insurance for USD 400 million for Fransabank and Fransa Invest Bank
- The ‘Highly Commended Deal of the Year 2012’ – Bonds: Sovereigns, Supras and Agencies – Middle East" award by the Banker, for the Republic of Lebanon voluntary debt exchange offer for Eurobonds totaling USD 1.98 billion for Fransa Invest Bank
- The Best Contactless Innovation Awards 2012 for Fransabank MasterCard Paypass from the Smart Card Awards for the Middle East 2012
- The “Women empowerment Award” 2012 for Fransabank Najah Loan from First Protocol
- The “Widest National Outreach" 2011 Award for having the largest branch network from Lebanon Opportunities
- The “Cristal Sapphire Prize” to Fransabank’s 90 years Anniversary TV commercial from the Mena Cristal Awards
- Two Awards granted to Fransabank by Lebanon Opportunities: The National Outreach Award and the Best New Retail Product Award for its Energy loans in 2010
- The ‘Deal of the Year-Highly Commended 2009’ by the Banker, for issuing Series A Preferred Shares
- The ‘Deal of the Year 2008-Lebanon’ award, by The Banker, after acquiring the highly coveted BLC Bank
- Award of Excellence from MasterCard for launching the first Platinum Card
- Award-winning Call Center , Awarded by Teleperformance