Fransabank’s Sustainable Energy Financing (SEF) program was initiated in 2012, as part of a “Go Green” Strategy, in order to address environmental sustainability. Although it cuts across all departments, it was also devised as a standalone business line, to become one of the Bank’s core activities.
Why SEF is worthy for businesses?
- It allows businesses to cut on their spending generating savings of up to 30% in electricity costs.
- It improves equipment performance and cleaner production: Older equipment and technologies are highly inefficient in terms of production yield, operating, maintenance and manpower costs.
- It creates environmental and social responsibility: Sustainable energy promotes cleaner energy production and minimizes greenhouse gas emission.
What type of projects do SEF cover?
- Projects aimed at improving the efficiency of energy use in industrial processes
- Renewable energy projects such as biomass, biogas, small hydro, wind and solar energy, and geothermal
- Energy efficiency measures in buildings (upgrade or replacement of lighting, cooling and heating, air compression, and building management systems)
- New building construction: green building design.
Building the Ecosystem
Fransabank has been expanding its partnerships will all the players in the sustainable energy field whether locally, regionally, or internationally; among which:
the main official actors of this market including but not limited to the Ministries of Energy and Water, the Central Bank of Lebanon as well as the Lebanese Center for Energy Conservation (LCEC)
Several international finance institutions and development banks (International Finance Corporation (IFC), European Investment Bank (EIB), Agence Française de Développement (AFD), German Investment Corporation (DEG), Opec Fund for International Development (OFID), European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)).
Our customer value scheme:
- Identification of the needs.
- Accompanying the client in its greening through energy audits.
- Accompanying the client in all the steps of the procedure.
- Proposing adapted consultants.
- Offering solutions and list of suppliers in each domain.
- Proposing an adequate financing solution for each project.